This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
About Office Depot
Who We Are
- Career Opportunities
Women In Business
Diversity Mission Statement & Commitment
At Office Depot, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all people are valued and respected. Diversity is an important dimension of Inclusion, Innovation and Customer Focus — three of our core values and keys to our success in a global marketplace.
Through our supplier diversity program, we’re proud to offer an exceptional choice of innovative products at affordable prices, and we’re constantly looking for top-quality products and services to offer to our customers. Diverse suppliers help us meet our own company-wide goals while also helping our customers succeed in their supplier diversity initiatives.
Corporate Diversity Council Partnerships - National and Regional Affiliations
Qualifications & Certifications:
Minority-Owned Business (MBE) - a minority-owned business is a for-profit enterprise, regardless of size, physically located in the United States or its trust territories, which is owned, operated and controlled by minority group members. “Minority group members” are United States citizens who are Asian, Black, Hispanic and Native American. Ownership by minority individuals means the business is at least 51% owned by such individuals or, in the case of a publicly-owned business, at least 51% of the stock is owned by one or more such individuals. Further, the management and daily operations are controlled by those minority group members.
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) Learn More
Woman-Owned Business (WBE) - a company that is at least 51% owned, controlled and operated by a woman or women. Certification is provided by the following organizations:
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) Learn More
Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual and Transgender (LGBT) Owned Business - a company that is at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by a LGBT business owner. Certification is provided by the following organization:
- The National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) Learn More
Small Business Administration (SBA)
8(a) Program - a company that has received 8(a) certification from the Small Business Administration.
- 8(a) Program Learn More
Small Disadvantaged Business Program (SDB) - a company that is certified as disadvantaged by the Small Business Administration.
- Small Business Administration’s SDB Program Learn More
Historically Underutilized Zone (HUBZone) Business - a company that is certified as HUBZone by the Small Business Administration.
- Small Business Administration’s HUBZone Program Learn More
Veteran Owned Business (VOB) & Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOB) - a for-profit enterprise presently located in the United States or its trust territories, and is at least 51% owned by an individual(s) who have performed active service in one of the United States armed services, and were honorably discharged. The term “service-disabled” means that such disability was incurred or aggravated in line of duty in the active military, naval or air-service. Individual(s) must be involved in the day-to-day management of the business. Verification is provided by the following organization:
- US Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) Learn More
Office Depot is proud to offer one of the most comprehensive Supplier Diversity programs of its kind, in order to give Diverse Suppliers more opportunities to grow and prosper. We actively seek out promising Diverse Suppliers which include: Certified-, Minority-, Women-, Disabled-, Veteran-owned and Small [SBA 8(a), SDB, and HUB Zone] enterprises to ensure equal opportunity in our supplier selection process.
Our program is made up of three dimensions: Tier I, Tier II, and Procurement. We collaborate with our customers and help them meet their supplier diversity goals through our impressive network of diverse supplier partners and vendors:
- Tier I - Customer buys directly from a diverse supplier partner, allowing maximum diversity credit. Office Depot becomes the wholesaler partner.
- Tier II - Customer buys directly from Office Depot, but ensures a percentage of their diversity spend comes from diverse vendor products.
- Procurement - Our Procurement team commits to include Diverse Suppliers in our internal purchasing opportunities. General supplies & services for our Corporate Office include: art, facilities equipment & services, mail room equipment, furniture, and office supplies. Services include Advertising, Marketing, Construction, Real Estate & Subleasing, Human Resources, Information Technology, Janitorial, Legal, Maintenance, Transportation & Logistics, Travel as well as relocation, and vending.
The three dimensions of our Supplier Diversity program help us:
- Enhance capabilities of Diverse Suppliers Expand the capacity of Diverse Suppliers to compete more effectively
- Increase turnover of products from Diverse Suppliers
- Leverage efforts with other corporations to create large-scale Diverse Supplier opportunities
- Increase market reach and density
- Increase purchases from Diverse Suppliers
- Reduce buying costs of doing business for all suppliers and vendors
For more information about our Tier I partnership program, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about our Tier II and Procurement initiatives, email email@example.com
We look forward to collaborating with you and helping you in your Supplier Diversity initiatives.